Completing gigs or micro tasks has become one of the most popular means to earn money online. You can work from home and get paid to do tasks online. Millions of students and stay at home moms are completing small jobs online in their free time.
You needn’t devote much time for these tasks, just about an hour or so a day to complete such micro tasks.
In earlier times, students would constantly be on the lookout for small jobs to do in their free time, so that they could earn money to pay for their tuition fees.
Similarly, stay at home moms was always on the look out for part time jobs to earn money. These jobs were scarce then.
However, the Internet has spawned a multitude of such micro jobs for those wishing to take up freelancing work and ways to make money online.
What are Gigs or Micro Tasks
How to earn money online? Gigs are small jobs or tasks that you can complete within a few hours or a few days. After doing the job, you get paid for it. You can then apply for another micro task or gig.
- Timings are flexible – work whenever you are free
- You don’t have a boss for such online jobs work from home
- You can work part time at these free online jobs
But this doesn’t mean there is no commitment on your part. You must be disciplined and hard working to complete these micro tasks successfully. There are no free meals.
How to Make Money from Home with Small Jobs?
- Publish some samples of your work to get online work from home
- Complete gigs and get payment (after the task is approved)
- You can post skills and wait for buyers to bid to make money fast
- You can also bid on job or task posts to earn online
How Much Can You Earn with Gigs?
Online moneymaking and how much you can earn through gigs, depends on how much time you are ready to devote to such jobs. If you work for more hours, you will be able to make more money.
Someone I know does a data entry job for 6 hours a day and makes only around $1200 a month. Another acquaintance does voice over micro tasks and makes around $100 per day. A full time writer can make up to $100 for a single piece.
You can even run a business, where you hire people to do micro jobs, offering one of the best ways to make money from home. This way, you could even be earning around $6000 a month.
So, you see, small online jobs at home need not necessarily mean micro revenue. It all depends on the time and the type of work.
For instance, my friend began by offering 20 posts on a forum for a mere $1. As her reputation built up, she increased it to 10 posts for a higher rate of $2. Some sites also award you with increasing levels of competency.
Again, if you offer a service that you can get a client’s website ranked on Google’s first page for specific keywords, you can even charge $500 for the task. This is one of the excellent ways to make extra money.
The payment structure also varies in different sites. For instance, some sites offer cash payment through PayPal, Payza etc. while others award you cashable points or gift cards. You can also make additional money by referring friends.
Micro Tasks Sites
How to make money online without paying anything? After completing of the gig or micro task, the worker gets paid. You can select a task that matches your talent or skill.
In some sites like MTurk, clients assign a task for a specific or limited time, such as 10 minutes to complete the task. It is better you check out such tasks when you are free, as you cannot save them for a later time.
Types of Micro Tasks
Micro jobs available at such sites include:
- You can earn up to $2.50 for a survey. All you need to do is to provide an opinion. Some sites also match your background with a suitable survey, so it could be quite interesting
- Commenting on a blog; sending a tweet; liking videos; posting links; entering a zip code; downloading files, etc.
- Sharing a post on social websites is one of the easy ways to make money
- Scanning a receipt for online earning (Brands wanting market research offer these jobs to refine their products/services)
- These jobs are no brainers, but the payment is also less, around 5 cents per micro job.
Make Money on the Internet Providing a Service
However, you can earn substantially more by offering a freelance service. You may need to spend a few more hours on such work.
For instance, Fiverr is a typical site for such tasks. Suppose you have this amazing video that you want to post on your Facebook page. But the problem is that you don’t know much about posting on the social media.
Well, Fiverr lets you browse around and find the right person, check out work samples, read reviews or see ratings and then make a deal with the person for $5.
There are a host of other services that you can offer on sites like Fiverr, if you have some creative talent, or order to make money at home:
- Offers for a virtual assistant (for instance, if you are a travel agent, you could get clients a discount for hotel reservations or flight bookings, hiring a taxi etc.)
- Offering to sing a happy birthday song
- Offering a review for a website
- Offering tourist suggestions for a particular area
Check out this list of crowdsourcing sites offering a platform where employers can meet workers, post their gigs and get the work done.
What’s to Lose?
Micro jobs are like a one-time errand. You just complete it and get paid. You can get the most bang for your buck doing these small gigs or offering special services based on your talents. Analyze your skills, pick a relevant micro task and give your best to it.
There’s no way you’re going to lose on this one. So why not give it a try in your spare time to earn money fast?
Little drops of water make a mighty ocean (Never mind the cliché). The micro change could soon add up to a big chunk of cash earned in your spare time.